Golf is often perceived as an exclusive sport with its own culture and language, which can make it feel elitist or unwelcoming. Yet, while the sport is deeply rooted in history and traditions, today’s golf scene is getting with the times like never before. In fact, golf will present you with such unbelievable and personal shared experiences that the only fear you’ll have is the fear of missing out.
Here’s 8 reasons why you should take up the game of golf:
1) It’s All About Connections
- Golf is a relationship game. Every angle of the sport is rooted in relationships, both personal and business. Your time spent in and around the game allows you to make connections and foster relationships through shared experiences that you wouldn’t otherwise make.
2) No More “Grass Ceiling”
- Tired of being excluded from the informal networks your colleagues are building on the course and then leveraging for career advancement? Get in the game! You’ll break down those barriers and build a network for a lifetime.
- If you watch modern golf, you’ll notice that many of today’s stars on tour are physically fit and in shape. Golf is a great way to burn off extra calories and who wouldn’t love to do that? You’ll burn approximately 2,000 calories during an 18 hole round of golf (while walking and carrying your clubs) or even 1,300 calories when riding in a golf cart while playing.
4) The Great Outdoors
- In this hi-tech generation of being chained to our mobile devices while doing more with less at the office, who couldn’t use a little more time outside in the fresh air? Spending more time outdoors can do wonders for your mind, body and spirit.
- Forget about the starchy, boxy and tacky golf shirts of days gone by. Cute, fashion-forward, sexy, professional, sporty; whatever look you’re going for on the golf course, the fashion world is your oyster in golf.
6) Quality Time with Your Significant Other and Family
- Golf is such a special sport to share with a spouse, partner or family. You’ll leave the world behind and be together, uninterrupted in a beautiful setting where nothing else matters. Fun and closeness are sure to result. Don’t fret if you currently don’t have a significant other, many happy couples are known to have met on the golf course. 😉
- See the world! Golf travel can take you to stunning locations all around our planet.
8) That ‘One Shot’
- There’s no way to do justice to describing the feeling of pure exhilaration you’ll experience the first time you make flush contact with that little white ball. There’s really nothing like it. You can do it…and you’ll never forget it! Believe me, it will keep you coming back to the game you love